Travel is my passion, so when I started a family, I had no plans to give up my love of globe-trotting, OK, so I no longer throw on the back pack and hop from plane to plane, country to country without any prior arrangements. I now need to plan our family holidays ahead to ensure that our offspring are getting a great adventure too.
When our first child was born, there were so many destinations we still wanted to visit, but would it be ideal to take our baby there too? Despite years in Travel and Tourism, I needed to reconsider it from a parent point of view, and found myself spending hours trawling through websites, speaking to various companies and contacts and flicking through brochures. Most accommodation would state it’s child friendly, but I would like to be completely sure that the place I chose would welcome our children as much as it would us. However, time is extremely limited when kiddies come along, so researching where to go, and what to do, let alone remembering where we saw the information can be a bit of a challenge!
So this was how Little Travellers came about, aimed at giving parents and carers the information they need in order to choose a day out, a weekend trip, and a holiday away, all in one place on the web!
The Little Travellers Team have done all the hard work for you, researching, visiting and handpicking the very best family friendly hotels, holidays and attractions. We have put together lots of valuable information from experienced travellers to make your holidays go without a hitch. If you would like your children to experience the world, learn about other cultures and languages, then we have recommendations, places and tips to make travelling with your little ones so much easier.
Little Travellers will be launching their new look website soon with exciting new features – keep in touch on Facebook to be the first to hear!
We had some wonderful entries to our story competition and we are busy putting together their prizes. Our runner up was Evie Barker-Brown with her lovely story about her holiday and in FIRST place was Summer Humphreys. See below her fantastic story ….
“One day Summer and Bunnet the bunny decided to go on holiday. They was very excited as it was there first time away from home. They packed their bags and headed out of what looked like a normal door but in fact it lead them to a beach which had pots of honey and chocolate birds in the tree. Bunnet and summer loved eating all the honey and chocolate which was delicious. They swam with the fishes and ate loads of ice cream which was chocolate of course, then they were so tired they slept under the tree. All they could hear was the tweet tweet from the birds then suddenly they awoke to hear mum calling Summer, Bunnet we will be late for the train, if you do not hurry up. Summer and Bunnet looked at each other and smiled and as they went to get up a chocolate bird fell out of Summer’s pocket. They both looked at each other and said was it dream or was it real.”
Well we have had an overwhelming response to out story competition so we decided to extend the deadline. It’s been lovely to think of so many children bringing their imagination to life through a story. Keep them coming and we will be deciding a winner very shortly.
Recently we have not only had orders of our language books for children going on holiday and in school but also to use in party bags! We think it’s because parents don’t necessarily want to stuff party bags full of sweets and bits they won’t ever use, but a signed copy of one of our books makes it that little bit different and because they are only A5 they fit in nicely. If you would like to enquire about this and our special party bag prices, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again we would like to say a big thank you all for your ongoing support, we constantly receive lovely testimonials from you and it makes all the difference.
GRACIAS AND MERCI
We must admit that this competition is to satisfy our own selfish needs…we just love reading stories!
To celebrate World Book Day we would love to see your children’s stories. We want them to use their imagination and creativity and come up with a lovely short story based on the theme of HOLIDAY!
It can be as long or short as they wish and an extract will be published here on our blog. They will also receive a wonderful goody bag from JaJaJa Books plus a SECRET prize….
Entries to be received by the 8th of March
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw
- This prize draw is open to all residents, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion
- Entries must be received by midday 8th March 2013. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter simply fsend in your stories to email@example.com
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into the competition and a decision will be made on the 10th of March 2013
- The prize for the winner is a JaJaJa Books goody bag, an extract of their story published on JaJaJa Books blog and a secret prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
- The winner will be notified via email by the 10th of March 2013. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner.
- To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is JaJaJa Books.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Yesterday after lots of planning, we arrived at La Tasca in Covent Garden, ready for an action packed, bilingual day!
We set up our JaJaJa story corner whilst Olé Kids organised their Spanish activities. At 10.30 sharp the wonderful Elen Rivas turned up and helped us before all the children began to arrive.
Lots of mini linguists started to turn up ready to learn Spanish and slowly the room filled up!
We began by reading our stories and then Elen took hold of our Spanish flashcards and encouraged the children to shout out the Spanish words. They absolutely loved it! Meanwhile across the room Olé kids were teaching the children songs and what goes into a Paella.
We then gathered all the children for a dance, as they shook their instruments to the sound of La Cucaracha!
To finish off the activities Elen Rivas and Lola of Olé kids held up a massive piñata whilst all the kids had a good bash at it until 100s of sweeties fell on the floor for them all to gather up.
By this time the gorgeous smells of a paella cooking were starting to waft into the room, so all the children sat down and enjoyed the freshly cooked dish made by La Tasca Covent Garden.
Even the press turned up to take photos which proves learning foreign languages is growing in popularity. It was so lovely to see so many parents interested in Spanish and we all had such an enjoyable time. Elen was an absolute star and was happily chatting away in Spanish- a true bilingual as her English is perfect too!
All in all it was an entirely successful day with the proceeds going to the NSPCC. We hope to do it again and again- so look out for an event in a La Tasca near you soon!
Would you like your little ones to learn Spanish in a fun and exciting way? Then come and join us at Jungle Adventure play centre in Colchester! Our Spanish classes for children start after school on February the 8th and will include activities, songs and crafts. For more information please contact us on email@example.com
Well we have had a wonderful response to our new book Anthony and Antoine and their French Adventure. Lots of parents are eager for their children to start learning a language earlier and many are going to France on holiday this year, so it’s a perfect book for travels!
We at JaJaJa Books love to see children sitting down with one of our stories in their hands, turning the pages and studiously finding all the hidden lizards and butterflies, but we also have to accept that times are changing. This is why we have launched our ebook with Kindle on Amazon, Anthony and Antoine and their French Adventure.
For just £3.60 you can received the kindle edition of this story and learn French with your child whilst flicking through the lovely illustrations.
It would be great to know what you think so please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback! MERCI!
Well we are very excited to have launched Anthony and Antoine and their French Adventure!
It’s a lovely story, perfect for children who are starting French at school or planning to go away on holiday next year. The boys go camping, cycling and swimming in the story and Anthony learns some key French phrases along the way. Each page is beautifully illustrated with hidden lizards on each page.
In fact if you would like to be in with a chance of winning one of these lovely books, all you have to do is tell us where the TROIS orange and blue PAPILLONS have been placed on our website….
And if that wasn’t enough we then found out we had been voted one of the top educational books/learning toys by Kideeko. GRACIAS and MERCI Kideeko!
If you would like to see a little about what we do with language learning, then make sure you watch some of our video clips on Youtube.
We used this video clip for our recent pitch in the One Business Competition, as we believe it showed our passion for languages and some happy JaJaJa customers!
Would you like to give a child a head start with French language learning? Then look out for our new book, “Anthony and Antoine and their French Adventure” coming very soon.
Anthony is going on holiday to France on a big boat, but what adventures will he get up to with his new friend Antoine?